How much trash do we produce every day?
Eight pounds! Each of us throws away about eight pounds of trash per day, which adds up to over a ton of trash per person per year. Now, multiply that times the number of employees at your workplace, and you’re talking a lot of trash. That’s a problem, but a problem with a great solution: recycling!
By participating in the Recycle More At Work partnership, your organization can help:
- Improve its green credentials to clients and employees.
- Demonstrate its dedication to a clean and healthy community.
- Increase local jobs and tax revenue.
- Conserve natural resources, energy and landfill space.
- Reduce pollution of our air, water and land.
What do partners get?
The Recycle More At Work partnership provides the following services (for FREE) to help start or improve recycling at your workplace:
- Waste Assessment – This is where it starts: you need a baseline of where you're at in order to know where to go. We will do a walk-through of your workplace to determine ways you can improve and expand your recycling. The walk-through will assess waste streams, container types and placement, signage, logistics, and outreach efforts. If you prefer online, you can fill our the Waste Management Self-Assessment Form. Either way, we will follow up with a written report that lays out your next steps and be available for further consultation.
- Recycling 101 Presentation – We will give an engaging presentation to staff that shows why recycling is important, that there’s more to it
than just tossing a can in a bin, and that we all can recycle more at home, at work and beyond. Length: 30 min., plus time for Q&A.
- Eco Elvis – Eco Elvis, the environmental Elvis, will get your workplace all shook up about recycling. He can perform at a workplace event or be a wandering troubadour spreading the recycling message throughout your workspace. Either way,
it’s a show and message your staff will not soon forget!
- Recycling Tips – Your workplace will receive monthly recycling tips to share with staff, clients and customers.
- Educational materials – We provide the following education materials to help raise your workplace’s awareness and
participation: brochures, posters, table toppers, decals and magnets. Once you contact us, we will send you samples.
Who are current partners?
Recycle More At Work partners come in all types and sizes: businesses, local governments, non-profit organizations, schools, churches, etc.
How do we get started?