It’s time we start managing our trash differently
That’s why public and private entities across the Kansas City metro area are joining the Recycle More At Work partnership. Each of us throws away about seven pounds of waste per day, which adds up to over a ton of trash per person every year. We need to acknowledge that our actions carry impact — good and bad. The way forward is for all of us to recycle more.
The Mid-America Regional Council Solid Waste Management District, through the Recycle More campaign, encourages everyone to make a conscious effort to recycle. Our goal is to divert 80 percent of the waste that goes to the landfill by 2023.
By participating in the Recycle More At Work partnership, your organization has the opportunity to improve customer service, improve your bottom line, help create jobs in the region, and help make our planet a healthier place to live. When you Recycle More, you help conserve natural resources, conserve energy and reduce pollution. The goals of the Recycle More At Work partnership are simple: to strengthen your organization’s commitment to recycling and waste reduction and recognize your organization for doing good.
What do partners get?
- Walk-through & Report — We will do a walk-through of your work space to determine ways you can improve and expand your recycling. The walk-through will assess waste streams, container types and placement, signage, logistics, and staff education. We will follow up with a written report that lays out your next steps.
- Lunch and Learn — We will give an engaging presentation to your staff that shows why recycling is important, that there’s more to it than just tossing a can in a bin, and that we all can recycle more at home, at work and beyond. The presentation is approximately 30 minutes in length, plus time for questions and answers. We recommend you provide lunch as it will definitely increase attendance.
- Tips — Partners will receive monthly recycling tips to share with staff. Tips include helpful information on recyclable items, upcoming recycling events, and ideas and trends to help inspire people to recycle more.
- Educational Materials — We will provide your workplace with free educational print materials — brochures, posters, table toppers, decals and magnets — that will help raise your staff’s awareness and participation.
- Promotion — We will promote your recycling efforts on RecycleSpot.org’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Does this cost anything?
No, this program is free, and you determine the level and pace of your workplace’s participation.
How do I sign up?
- Appoint a Recycle More At Work coordinator. Your organization’s Recycle More At Work coordinator will be the primary point of contact for your organization. He or she will receive all e-mails and correspondence from the Recycle More At Work program and relay that information to the rest of your organization.
- Ask your coordinator to register your organization online.
- Upon registering, your coordinator will receive a toolkit containing sample recycling tips and printed materials.
- To discuss your organization’s participation and get answers to your questions, your coordinator can contact Matt Riggs, 816-701-8313, the Recycle More At Work program coordinator.
Will you share my contact information with anyone?
No, the only things we will share (with your permission) are the great efforts your organization takes to recycle and reduce waste!
What if I have more questions?
Contact Matt Riggs, 816-701-8313.
The MARC Solid Waste Management District thanks the following Recycle More At Work partners for their commitment to recycle more.