Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is an annual event for people to celebrate the earth and renew our commitment to a safer, healthier and cleaner world. Earth Day provides an opportunity to take new actions as well as revitalize existing ones.
- End plastic pollution – Join the Earth Day Network in its campaign to End Plastic Pollution.
- Recycle better – Keep recycling strong and vibrant by using he Recycle Better flier.
- Keep the air you breath clean - Carpool, don’t idle your car, mow in the evening. Get some coworkers together and join the Green Commute Challenge. Take part in Air Quality Awareness Week, April 29 – May 3, 2019.
- Conserve and protect your water - Landscape with native plants, dispose of pet waste properly, use rain barrels or rain gardens to conserve rain water.
- Conserve energy and save money - Weatherize your home, upgrade your appliances, go solar.
- Attend a local event - There are all types of green events going on in the Kansas City metro area throughout April and May: Earth Day events, recycling events, plant sales, river cleanups, litter cleanups, and Arbor Day celebrations. For a complete list, visit Upcoming Events. For more information about events in your community, contact your city, school, place of worship or local nature center.
Happy Earth Day!
“The future will either be
green or not at all.”
— Bob Brown,